Five Holts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Holts

An Adult RPG based off of Richard and Wendy Pini's ElfQuest comic books.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FiveHolts
High One
High One
FiveHolts

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-07-08

"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Empty
PostSubject: "World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area   "World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 pm

okay i have a bit more of the surrounding area and the Island itself mapped. Still have a bit more to do, but hey, it's getting there.

The whole scale in the bottom right corner of the Island itself is 25 miles. Each coloured section is basically 5 miles each.

"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Islandisle-a
"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Islandout-b"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Holt2
"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area OutIsland-d"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area WestMainland-e"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Mainland-f

Last edited by on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fiveholts.forumotion.com
phoenyx
High One
High One
phoenyx

Female
Number of posts : 522
Local : generally lost somwhere...
Secondary Title : I'll try my best to help. I think I know what I'm doing...
Registration date : 2007-07-09

"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Empty
PostSubject: Re: "World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area   "World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 am

The Island is good sized and was once just the very tip of a larger land mass. Now it is an Island as waters have rose and submerged the land bridge that connected it to the Mainland. Except a few beaches, the Island rises up like a large plateau from the ocean. The mountain range starts at the northern top tip and comes across the top of the Island. It curves back and down the Island to come across the bottom western arm of the Island. Also, a small mountain range is at the very top Eastern arm of the Island. There are two large forests and six woods and copses here and there on the Island. Three large lakes, that have rivers running out of them, and two smaller lakes or pools below waterfalls. The rest of the Island is grassland, with a section of scrubland on one arm of the Island.

In the Mountains the wildlife is varied. There are Snow Leopards, Mountain Goats, Snowy Owls, Golden and Bald Eagles, Cave Bears, Big Horn Sheep, Llamas, Yaks, Hairy Mammoths, Skunks, Mice, Rats, Badgers, Weasels, Opossums, Monkeys, and Bats.

In the Forests there is a pack of Grey Wolves and Red Wolves, Elk, Moose, Bear, Jaguars, Squirrels, Chipmunks, Badgers, Weasels, Opossum, Rats, Wood Mice, Macaws, Parrots, Hawks, Falcons, Barn Owls, Skunks, Bats, small Monkeys, Boas and Pythons, Tree Frogs, Iguanas, Bearded Dragons, and Chameleons.

WEB FOREST
Web Forest is the western large forest on the Island. While it has all the animals normal to the forest regions, they are all wrapped in cocoons. In fact the whole forest is webbed, and no one knows what has caused the webbing of the place.

In the Lakes reside Salmon, Trout, Catfish, Frogs, Toads, Turtles, Mallard Ducks, Beavers, Geese, and Mink. The Rivers hold much the same as the Lakes with the exception of Piranhas and Crocodiles added to the mix.

The Grasslands hold a wide variety of creatures. There are Mastodons, Horses, Antelope, Gazelle, Rattlesnakes, Spitting Cobras, Jaguars, Skunk, Fox, Badgers, Weasels, Armadillos, Hamsters, Field Mice, Cottontail Rabbits, Bats, Pheasant, Chickens, Robins, and Hummingbirds.

The Scrublands contain Saber Tooth Cats, Antelope, Bison, Jack Rabbits, Coyote, Kit Fox, Rattlesnakes, Corn Snakes, Kangaroo Rats, Rats, and Prairie Dogs.

The Ocean waters around the Island contain Dolphins, Sperm Whales, Right Whales, Great White Sharks, Tiger Sharks, Mullet, Sting Rays, Manta Rays, Crabs, Shrimp, Abalone, Blue Fish, Rock Fish, Salmon, Octopus, Oysters, and Plesiosaurs (Loch Ness Monster).

The Insect life is wide and intermixes in all locales. There are Honeybees, Monarch Butterflies, Grasshoppers, Stinkbugs, Tarantulas, Dragonflies, Praying Mantis, Emperor Moths, Jumping Spiders, Mosquitoes, Flies, Ants, Grubs, Worms, and Beetles.
Back to top Go down

"World" Map ~ At least of the surrounding area
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Five Holts :: Introduction To The Holt :: Holt Tribal Life-
Jump to: